Intertextual Connections


A marking of pages


This year was spent much with a couple whom I dearly respect and enjoy their company very much. I have amazing conversations with them when we finally sit down to catch up. To be able to share freely about our faith, and discuss struggles and most importantly to me - to be able to pray with them openly and share all that I am going through, is simply a time of eternal value in my opinion. Over the many months, as I continue to discover the word with them, I was loaned a bible and I have since found that bible very useful to me. I thought to myself, "I'm going to work on this one and till I'm ready, I'll get my own". Today was the day. For the past 2 weeks, I have been in and out of Glad Sounds (our Christian local bookstore). There was only 1 piece left of the new spirit filled bible by Nelson publishers. I really liked the cover when I saw it and the contents fitted what I was comfortable going through. Although the popular life application study bible was much recommended and much used, I felt I couldn't really dive into it very much.



Anyway, at first glance, that was what I did, merely felt and had a look over it. I came back rather often to walk pass that bible and also having a chance to meet the lady of store, S. To build some background, S is actually from CDC, where a footstool member is from so it was kinda great to have some connection there. Naturally, she spoked about the ministry and how it has impacted her and was asking to see what has been happening. I shared briefly about the plans of next year. And again, I left it at that and carried on for the week before returning to Glad Sounds finally this afternoon after church. I had hopped over to Salvation to find too but it wasn't what I was looking for and Evangel had not carry it and it was close anyway. I was thinking of buying Neil Hood's Whose life is it anyway? for two friends but that will come another time.

Swinging by this afternoon for the final lockdown of that bible. I am glad it was there. I also spoke to the couple that I want get my own version of that bible soon. And I wanted it to be personal. So I asked if they could write something for me once I purchased it. They gladly agreed.
When I decided on the bible, S mentions that the sale was just over last week and would have entitled me 30% off. Fairly disappointed she was quick to change the favour around when mentioning if you applied for membership you would still get a 10% discount and considering that you're also in ministry (in this case Footstool), she offered another 10% on top of that. I was like, "Wah...PTL!" That was really nice of her :) I am very thankful, making the purchase more personal.

Naturally, I extended my appreciation and also asked her if she could write something on my bible because I wanted it to be witnessed by someone and she was rather surprised and found an honour doing so. She came then to shared a certain point of reference in which she was part of the administration of Calvary church before. And I spoke, I spent my kinder at Calvary, and *BANG* ... this was surreal, coz she's the supposedly the aunt of my calvary kindermates, and a whole bunch of names and kinder teachers came up.
It was really fun, trying to map names to faces, and see how they were doing. Also my kinder teachers, where they are at now. Sadly, I found the kinder has closed down 4 years ago. I even narrated the famous sausage story of which I would daily be sharing food with this boy name Sean, and I always loved it when his mum made sausages for him. Then there were names like Lily, Ivy and Joshua too. Lily is married now. I told her, I'll go back find an old album and bring it over to see whether we're on the right track. Based on the year and timeline, it fits the bill. Lily is her niece, so that became more personal for an afternoon chat.

Naturally she progressed to see if I was married. Haha. I replied with a smiling no and ... she was surprised with that fact considering her observations of what a unique young man that I was, being able to chat pleasantly and have good conversations. OK, at this point - I got a lil' tongue tied and just responded with boyish grin instead.
I thought it was simply nice to find a new friend in the faith just around the corner of your workplace and that one is able to pop by anytime. Furthermore, with kinder connections she just might seen me when I was still a young kid and a stock picture could be lying somewhere in the house.

A marking of page

May just set a new stage
I am excited with my new book
Knowing what it really took
To buy something personal
To have something eternal


Because I'm aware & conscious
That knowledge of truth is precious
I'm glad to have made the choice
For a better state of poise

:: recently, i have been just having more thoughts on God's timing. The more conversations I have with various shadows continue to affirm that. It impresses me, having to gain that sense. Reading Jim's journals also shows a true reflection on His timing. May our choice be of His timing with a perfect purpose.

0 Responses to “A marking of pages”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.